Make the most of prime lean beef steak by stir frying it with healthy vegetables, noodles and aromatic Asian-style flavourings.
PREP Time: 6 MINS | Total time: 20 MINS | SERVES 4
• 400g lean beef steak
• 4 tsp cornflour
• 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
• 2 carrots, peeled
• 2 small leeks, trimmed
• 12 spring onions, diagonally sliced
• 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
• 200g rice noodles
• 4 tbsp soy sauce
• 4 tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
• 4 tbsp Healthy Heart Plus Omega 3 DHA Oil
• 2 large garlic clove, finely chopped
• 4cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
• soy sauce to serve
1. Cut the meat, across the grain, into 5cm wide pieces, and then cut each piece into wafer-thin strips. Place in a small bowl with the cornflour and five-spice powder. Mix together well to coat the meat.
2. Cut the carrot and leek into 5cm lengths, then cut each piece into fine matchsticks. Put all the prepared vegetables together in a bowl.
3. Soak the noodles in a bowl of lightly salted, boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water, then drain again. Combine the soy sauce, sherry and 2 tbsp water in a small jug or bowl.
4. Place a wok or a large frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp of Healthy Heart Plus Omega 3 DHA Oil, then toss in the meat and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes until cooked through. Remove with a draining spoon. Add the remaining oil with the garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the vegetables and toss these around for another 30 seconds.
5. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and as soon as the liquid is bubbling, mix in the drained noodles and finally the meat. Serve immediately, with extra soy sauce to sprinkle.