These healthy chips are quick and easy to make and simply delicious.
PREP Time: 15 MINS | Total time: 30 MINS | SERVES 4
• 900g medium sized Maris Piper potatoes
• 6 sprays of 2 Cal Spray
• Crushed sea salt and malt vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler and remove any blemishes or ‘eyes’. Slice lengthwise into approx 1cm thick rectangular chips.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
3. Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ””rough up”” the edges of the chips – this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.
4. Spray a metal baking tray with 2 sprays of 2 Cal Spray. Rub the oil over the tray using some kitchen paper or a pastry brush. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray with 4 sprays of the 2 Cal Spray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar.
sussed Tip: For extra flavour sprinkle your chips with garlic salt, herbs and spices.