This is a moist fudgy type cake. Sweet but not extremely sweet and makes good use of courgette! You can ice it with chocolate icing or cream cheese icing.
PREP Time: 15 MINS | Total time: 1 HR 15 MINS | SERVES 4
• 250g plain flour
• 375g caster sugar
• 65g best quality cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons bicarb of soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 4 eggs
• 350ml Healthy Heart Plus Omega 3 DHA Oil
• 340g grated courgette
• 90g chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 20x30cm baking tin.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and Healthy Heart Plus Omega 3 DHA Oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and courgette until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared tin.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake completely before icing with your favourite icing.