Perfect with any roast dinner. Try it at your next Sunday lunch or Christmas dinner. Butternut squash, sweet potatoes and red onion are tossed in a herby rapeseed oil-balsamic vinegar dressing, then baked to perfection.
PREP Time: 15 MINS | Total time: 40 MINS | SERVES 12
• 1 small butternut squash, cubed
• 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
• 3 maris piper potatoes, cubed
• 1 red onion, quartered
• 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
• 1 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
• 2 tablespoons Healthy Heart Rapeseed Oil
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 240 C / Gas 9.
2. In a large bowl, combine the butternut squash, red peppers, sweet potato and maris piper potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces and add them to the mixture.
3. In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, Healthy Heart Rapeseed Oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting tin.
4. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
Variation: This dish is very versatile – you can add in a variety of other root vegetables such as parsnips, turnips and carrots, as well as peppers (red and yellow work well).