These prawns are super-easy to make—just coat them in a simple batter, cook them in a little oil and toss with a tangy sesame-orange sauce. Serve with: Brown basmati rice and steamed peas.
PREP Time: 10 MINS | Total time: 20 MINS | SERVES 4
• 3 tablespoons sesame seeds (white, black or a mix)
• 4 sprays of 2 Cal Spray
• 2 large egg whites
• ¼ cup cornflour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 450g peeled and deveined raw prawns
• ¾ cup orange juice
• ¼ cup dry sherry
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 scallion, thinly sliced
1. Whisk sesame seeds, egg whites, cornflour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat.
2. Add 2 sprays of 2 Cal Spray in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add half the prawns and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with the rest of the prawns.
3. Add orange juice, sherry, soy sauce and sugar to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced by half, 4 to 6 minutes. Return the prawns to the pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately, with scallion sprinkled on top.