This recipe cooks steak with red onions, cumin, sweet paprika and cocoa powder until it’s tender and sticky. A perfect midweek meal recipe when served with nachos, guacamole and sour cream.
PREP Time: 15 MINS | Total time: 15 MINS | SERVES 6
• 4 sprays of 2 Cal Spray
• 500g topside or rump steak, cut into pieces
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
• 1 tsp cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 tbsp chipotle paste
• 175ml chicken stock
• Green chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
• Nachos, to serve
• Guacamole, to serve
• Sour cream, to serve
• Grated cheese, to serve
1. Heat 2 sprays of 2 Cal Spray in a pan and brown the steak then set aside. Heat another 2 sprays of 2 Cal Spray in a pan and fry the onion wedges, for 5 minutes, until tender.
2. Add the ground cumin, sweet smoked paprika and cocoa powder and cook for a further minute, then stir in the tomato purée, chipotle paste and the chicken stock. Season well and simmer for 30 minutes, until sticky and the meat is tender.
3. Put in a serving dish, garnish with green chilli and serve with nachos, guacamole, sour cream and grated cheese.